Sickness  

Posted by Roland

Contrary to popular belief, I am not immune to disease.
Last week I had a bit of a cold.

Now, I realize the cold that's been going around has made people sick for over a week, and that their symptoms are more sever that what I experienced. Maybe I didn't get that cold. I've been digging around my old transformers and setting them up on a display shelf. Since they've been caked on with dust and dirt and grime over the last 20 years, I'm not too shocked I got sick. I wiped them all down with one of those disinfecting wipes, and I washed my hands often. Apparently not often enough.

However, it's possible I contracted the disease while playing with our friend's kid in their apartment complex's kid play area. I knew that touching any of that playground stuff (slide, ladder, teeter totter, swings) spelled doom. I totally think it was the kid play area.

I had a bit of a sore throat last Saturday, and then some congestion on Sunday and most of Monday. Tuesday was more or less recovery with a few coughs.

Most of the time the Nightquil / Dayquil saw me through it. I also had some honey based cough drops. Cough drops are actually great for sore throats. Much to my chagrin however, I ended up taking Monday off of work. I made it up by working late Tuesday and Thursday though.

During my sick time I mostly took it easy and read A LOT.

In order to not get Violet sick, I found a free full sized mattress a few miles away via Craigslist, and so I used that to sleep on in the other room. The mattress is good, but a little too firm for my tastes. It'll come in handy when we have guests though.

This entry was posted on Sunday, July 15, 2007 at Sunday, July 15, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Check it out: "Fisherman's Friend" cough drops kick ass. They're made of pure hate. Like a wasabi candy.

11:55 AM

Post a Comment