7th Anniverary  

Posted by Roland

Today, 07/07/07, marks the 7th anniversary of Violet and I's first date.

On our first date, I picked Violet up in my mom's Mercedes. We went to Claim Jumper and had a really nice meal. We then drove to a spot that overlooked the Flower fields of Carlsbad. On the way home we stopped at AM/PM (a mini-market+Gas Station). Very romantic, I know. When we got back to her place we didn't even shake hands. I'm an old fashioned kinda guy, and besides, I had a cold and didn't want to have her catch it. This was easily one of my favorite dates ever though.

We were going to get married on 7/7 for one of several reasons. First, her birthday is on a 7th (Not July). Second, having our wedding on the anniversary of our first date seemed appropriate. Third, and probably most important, having everything fall on the 7th would make it easy for me to remember. :)

We did end up getting married on the 7th, but not of July. Because of our honeymoon plans in Florida and the Bahamas, we decided it would probably be too hot around July 7th. Since we wanted it on a weekend, we choose April 7th instead, which although on a Sunday, was much better for us. So that's the date we set. Oh, and just for the record... no... we did not get married at AM/PM.

I suppose somehow on the cosmic scale, the 7th works for us. Violet is also on her 7th month of pregnancy. Time's have changed a lot these 7 years. They'll change even more in the next 7. I'm overjoyed and thankful at how much happiness my life contains.

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 07, 2007 at Saturday, July 07, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment