Windows Vista  

Posted by Roland

OR IS IT???!?!?!

CNet (via TiVo) referred me to Windows X's Shrine. There I downloaded and installed the Windows Vista Transformation Pack. Beware though, that this package includes system changes and UI enhancements to make your Windows XP appear to look like Vista. It's all free. I encountered a common problem with Firefox that caused the window to jump up and down, but its a flaw in Firefox, not the GUI, and its an easy fix. I kinda like the updated graphical overhaul. I especially like the new widgets, which Violet has had for a while now on her XP machine but I never got around to it. Its nice to have it integrated into my control panel though. Fairly useful stuff like calendar, Weather, Clock, Picture viewer, Multimedia Center, et al. I only use the calendar and weather widgets though. I have no intention of buying Vista. Well, not until I 'have" to.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 26, 2007 at Monday, March 26, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment