Well we're moving on up  

Posted by Roland

to the east side...
We finally got a piece of the pie

(or whatever the lyrics actually are)

My computer is now assembled, mostly. I'm missing the keyboard pull out tray supports so until I find those, my KB is ergonomically unsound for me. I've been using the wireless laptop for email and stuff around the new house, and its working pretty well. But all my bookmarks, like this blog, are on my main system so I haven't updated my blog since the move. It's nice to be computing from home though and not have to drive to the local Panera Bread for free WiFi.

So anyway we're settling in. Violet's office is mostly setup, she just has to organize her books. The kitchen stuff is put away, and the living room has its furniture in place. There's a lot of paper and bags all over the floor though to help with the dirty puppy paws from their back yard frolicking endeavors. We also have a front room, which I'm using for my office and the gaming + multimedia room. It's large enough to accommodate my needs. Theres even enough room left over for a pool table. Mmmmm pool table. Too bad I don't have one. Yet. The garage has a bunch of crap and empty boxes, so I cant park the car in it yet, but since it isn't snowing anymore I may not bother trying to squeeze in there anyway.

The wife and animals seem very pleased with the house and its location so that's all good. I really hate my commute though. 13 miles which is about 35 mins. Dayaaaammm.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 12, 2007 at Monday, March 12, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment