Its a long, long road  

Posted by Roland

I just drove back from Manassas, Virginia. 9 hours. 460+ miles. I'm too tired to really tally the exact distance, time, or toll charges... but all three things were a lot. I drove down to Manassas from Tewksbury, MA. on Sunday evening and arrived late Monday morning. I spent all day Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wed exploring around, driving by houses, and calling people to request a look see. I finally narrowed it down to one very nice house, and even though its a little more expensive than I wanted (1800/month rental) and perhaps a little farther from work than I wanted (13 miles ~21 mins) its a nice house with a large fenced backyard for the dogs. Most houses that met my specs were in the 1800-2000 range anyway, so its not too terrible. This whole thing is for the stupid dogs. Otherwise we coulda got a cheap townhouse or condo 5 mins from work for like 1400 or less.

Yes I realize Manassas is a terrible name for a city, especially if you put a space between man and asses... but if that wasnt enough, the city just north of it is Manassas Park. Silly Virginians.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at Thursday, March 01, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment