Wrapping up the job hunt  

Posted by Roland

Time's a ticking, and I cant find anything that rhymes good with that which makes sense for where I'm at in the interview process. I'm at the later stages now. I've done several onsites, but Im still waiting for the results from several tests. I HAPPILY have an offer already, so if all else fails at least I'll have a job. Its a pretty decent offer with a good company. But it would be unfair of me to not follow through on my other commitments (I still have a few tests to finish) and unprofessional OF me to accept an offer while still inthe mIDDLE of other people's intervIEW PROcess. stupid SHIFT key Keeps sticking. and I didnt even press it! Damn this keyboard is filthy. ack>

oh anyway I hope to decide on whatever offers I have before Feb 16 and start on march 1. TODAY I'm going through all my job hunting logs. I keep a text file of all jobs Ive applied to and all correspondence with all the people Ive talked to or emailed for that job. Its just a simple dated sentence or two but its very useful to me to KNOW where I stand with everyone since my memory is pretty poor. I update it right after the occurrence so I don't HAVE to go back and remember how the interview went, if I emailed so and so.. etc. So anyway today I went through the list and emailed a bunch of people whom I haven't heard from in a while requesting an update as to the status of my candidacy. Probably pointless since if they really wanted me they wouldn't wait a week or more to tell me I'm moving onto the next step.. but people get busy, their email boxes get filled up, etc.. so who knows what could happen. Besides I don't have anything scheduled today so I'm really bored. Which is why I'm blogging about it. Blogging postpones the boredom for another 10 mins.

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 at Thursday, February 08, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment