Finally, an update  

Posted by Roland

Wow look what a slacker Ive been.. no updates in a while.
Ive been busy with the baby blog, work, and my mom visiting. And playing games.
Alrighty then....

My mom came and visited last weekend. She was in the area (North Carolina is considered "In The Area") and so drove the extra 5 hours and stayed the weekend. I haven't seen her since Guildhall graduation, so like, just over 2 years. We got lots of great baby stuff, so that's really exciting. As a result, I cleared the baby room, umm I mean nursery, and am about ready to populate it with cool nursery stuff. Violet's really excited too, this being both mine and her first child.

Work's been going pretty good. I've finished my tasks early again so I'm fixing bugs and adding new cool stuff. I haven't had any overtime in quite a while so that's good.

Today on the way home a Shetland Collie was out walking along a fairly busy two-way-traffic road in a residential neighborhood. I turned the car around and drove back down the road towards the direction he was running to try and grab him to safety. Unfortunately, the car ahead of me didn't seem to notice him and when the dog ran out into the road, which I knew he would eventually, the car in front of me slammed on his brakes.. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Whew. The dog didn't get hit. Yet. He decided to run across the rest of the road, and oncoming traffic had to go up a small hill and then down a small hill. We were at the bottom of the hill, so it was unlikely oncoming traffic would have seen him. So I started driving on the left hand side of the road. That seemed to work because oncoming traffic stopped. Good thing too because the dog might have been hit a 2nd time. He ran into a small grass clearing and started running in circles. He seemed pretty happy with his daredevil antics. Anyway, I pulled up and over into a side road and tried to convince him to come to me. Surprisingly he did, and I grabbed him and put him in my car. He was a very nice, healthy looking collie. I checked his collar. DOh. Flea collar only. No tags, no phone number. Well I guess I'll take him home and wait for a lost poster. As I was about to close the door a man walked up and claimed that was his dog and thanked me a lot. He looked like a military man. Anyway, Apparently the dog's name was Andy and lived a few blocks down the road. They had just moved here and Andy had accidentally escaped from the garage. He had been calling the dog when he heard the car screeching and ran towards our area. He thanked me and I gave him the dog and he carried it back down the road towards his house. I drove away content that I had done what I could to help. In Wisconsin our dog escaped (from a fenced in yard.. still not sure how she did it, probably went under the fence) and I was relieved when our neighbor was keeping her safe. I'm happy both instances turned out OK.

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007 at Thursday, June 14, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment