WTF?!?!?  

Posted by Roland

(Warning.. contains explicit language.. well.. for me.. )

So here's the deal: I have a credit card with Citibank. I stopped receiving paper statements and so didn't pay the bill for 2 months in a row. This is not good for my credit rating. They jacked the account interest to 35-sumthin % and flagged it for no more authorized charges. This is also not good for my credit rating. After some negotiating I was able to have them credit my late fee charges for non-payment, but they refused to honor my initial interest rate. So I paid the card off. I used Bill Pay so the amount was paid electronically online direct from my bank. No worry, no fuss.

Except the payment was "too high" and so Citibank didn't honor it! WTF?!?!?! They want me to give them my bank account number and routing information "for verification". Hell No!! The bank paid it electronically! There's a authorization number! Frickin accept the payment and be done! Noooo they want to talk to my bank directly, even though my citibank account has already been credited with the payment! WTF?!?!?! So while I'm busy at work Citibank wants me to call them and conference in my bank so the three of us can "verify" whatever. Its crap. My balance is ZERO. I paid off the credit card because I want to close the account. Screw Citibank. Too bad suckers! The payment's been made. Deal with it. Move on. I ain't giving out my account info to you, or anyone else that asks. Not even my own bank. Forget it. I'm sorry you can't handle "large payments" (we're talking like, 4k, not exactly a really HUGE amount...). Citibank Procedure can bite my ass. Verify THIS!

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 at Sunday, April 22, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment