Family Weekend  

Posted by Roland

With the game about to launch, and all the features finally in, I get a little bit of a break. From work, that is. :)

This weekend was Violet's Birthday Extravaganza. We went shopping, ate too much food, and went to a Pagan Pride Day event. A hurricane/Tropical Storm warning kept us inside most of Saturday (Preventing us from driving 90 mins to eat at the closest Sonic). Sunday was good though.

Pagan Pride Day was fairly small. A tiny park in the middle of a small city a bit South of DC, the event featured a few live bands (Cassandra Rising was really good, Plastic Sky wants to be good one day) and only a handful of local Pagan groups, some of whom were selling stuff. There weren't really any vendors. There were some famous Pagan authors there too. I didn't know who they were, of course, but Violet seemed excited about their presence.

I must say, P.F.Chang's really goes out of their way to make a customer happy. We sat at the table and waited 8 mins for service. The waitress admitted that our particular table tended to confuse the servers as to which one of them was responsible for it. People.. if it's a reoccuring problem, then fix it. Ack. To make up for it, we got a free appetizer. Also, since it was Violet's BDay, we got a free mini-dessert. I didn't care for mine, but I'm a selective eater. Violet loved her dinner.

Most importantly, I didn't go into work this past weekend. Oh sure, I logged in remotely to check email and ensure all my stuff passed QA (it did), but by and large I spent most of my time with Violet and Drake. It's about time too.

This entry was posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 at Monday, September 08, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

CONGRATS!

Playing in the open beta and having a ball, though the loot drops are currently teh sux. They were better in preview weekend # 1.

1:02 PM

Post a Comment