Downsizing  

Posted by Roland

For puropses of downsizing, we've moved into a smaller, lower cost house (I wasn't willing to give up our pets for the sake of saving a few bucks.. we adopted them, they're ours, and I just don't feel right giving them away because they're sometimes encumbersome).
Old House:

  • 4 BR
  • 2.5 bath
  • 2,500 sq ft.
  • 25-35 min commute
  • $1,800
New House:
  • 3 bedrooms (Mush smaller than the previous house, and no master bath)
  • 1 bath
  • 1200 sq ft, if that.
  • 15-20 min commute
  • $1,300

Hopefully the smaller house will reduce our utility bill as well. I spent most of my weekends for the last month or so packing, which is why my blog posts have been non-existant. Last weekend was the big move. Thank goodness several of my coworkers helped my on Saturday! I moved more stuff Sun and cleaned Mon night and took Tuesday off work to finish cleaning. It was so much work, I cannot even put it into words because I'm too tired. (And that really says something)

And now, its time to unpack and organize. (sigh)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 at Wednesday, April 02, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Congrats on the move Roland. I'd do it if houses sold out here. Two places on our street have been empty for six months.

Do you like it better? Less maintenence, fewer beavers?

7:24 PM

Post a Comment