Review of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  

Posted by Roland

Last night I finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360). I enjoyed the game overall. Some of it was over the top, even for Star Wars (I used the Force to bring down a Star Destroyer, and I defeated/killed Darth Vader). I enjoyed the premise of being Darth Vader's secret apprentice and the twisting plots throughout the game. Most of the levels were well designed and quite varied in locations. I thought that the secondary objectives were confusing to complete though. The control scheme was good and using the varied force powers was fairly natural, though I didn't really do a lot of complicated combos. The save points were a weak spot since I couldn't seem to save the game anywhere I wanted.. I always restarted at the beginning of a save checkpoint. I liked the leveling up and the variety of force powers and combat techniques available, though admittedly I didn't take advantage of many of them. There were lots of lightsaber upgrades I didn't acquire, and changing the color crystal or the power crystal didn't seem to do much.

Overall the game was fun and perhaps a bit too short. I reccommend it.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 at Tuesday, March 03, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment