Warhammer Online Launch Party  

Posted by Roland

We had our official Launch Party for Warhammer Online a few weeks ago. I've been pretty busy though so I haven't had too much of an opportunity to post about it.

Mythic offered shuttle buses down to this nightclub in DC called Sequoia. Fairly nice place. Probably expensive. They had a LOT of nightclub employees walking around with fancy snack foods. It was also an open bar. I considered getting a flaming Dr Pepper, since it supposedly tastes like Dr. Pepper, but I stuck with Diet Coke the whole evening. I socialized some, but dancing, drinking and socializing ain't really my scene, so I left on the first shuttle bus back to Mythic. Overall a nice party but I'd rather have a piece of whatever it cost them to host it.

Most of the game industry people I've met seem to be gamers that also happen to be drinkers. Or maybe they were drinker's before being gamers. Typically gaming geeks aren't known to be much for such activities, but from my perspective such stereotyping is a fairly small percentage of the gaming populace. For myself, I never understood why consuming something which alters your ability to think and dulls your senses makes you enjoy the activity more.

But anyway, enough of me rambling (See Blog Title). Here's some quick pic's from the event:



This entry was posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at Sunday, October 26, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

good blog. keep it up.

12:13 PM

Post a Comment