Baby Daddy's Day  

Posted by Roland

Today was Father's Day.
Normally I would post some kinda epic poem or write some kinda creative story. But as a father, I'm too tired and unmotivated for such things these days. So instead of some clever prose, here's a basic outline of my special day.

  • Slept in until 11:30am. Drake woke up at 6:30am (arg), but Violet took care of him for a change (WOOT!) so I didn't have to get up. Normally I'd be the one getting up early. I needed it to. I've been sleep deprived for the last 2 weeks. He stayed up until about 9am and then napped until a bit past noon.
  • Had breakfast at 130pm at IHOP. I had a bacon, cheese, and sausage omelet. Basically everything that's bad for my cholesterol. Mmmm, I need to have checked again now that my prescription ran out a few weeks ago and I haven't seen my new Oregon based doc yet. I certainly can't say I enjoyed my breakfast meal since I don't really remember eating it. I was pretty much handling Drake the entire time.
  • Went to the Gateway Mall in Springfield so Drake could play in the playground. I really like it because I can just sit there and watch him run around and have a lot of fun (and tire himself out). It was kinda crowded but that didn't matter much.
  • Since Drake didn't get up until about 12:30-ish, he was go go go all afternoon. By the time we got back from the mall though he was tuckered out again and napped from 5:30p-8pm when we woke him up so we coudl have dinner. During his nap I paid bills and played some more Ghostbusters.
  • We had dinner at Carl's Jr, one of my fav locations but Violet doesn't care for it. We had just had Sizzler the previous evening, which is why I chose Carl's.
  • We got home around 9-ish, a bit past his bedtime but because his sleep schedule was running late him and I watched an episode of The Backyardigans before he went to bed.
  • Earlier in the week we all went to Brushfire and Drake helped mommy paint me a mug.
So a fairly busy day that went by pretty quick. I had hoped to spend time with the family outside, like at a park or Letterboxing, but it rained later in the afternoon so we didn't.

At Brushfire



Drakey and I watching Backyardigans just before his nap.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 at Monday, June 22, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment