Thanksgiving 2008  

Posted by Roland

Yes I know I'm behind my blog updates.

I actually had a 4 day weekend since I had Thurs + Fri off work.
Most of my time off was spent babysitting or playing games.

On the PC, I played some more Fallout 3 and Warhammer Online, I also rearranged the frootroom so I could plug my PC into the 50" HD Plasma. I found and dusted off my MS Force Feedback wheel. I had a great time playing Need For Speed: Undercover with this setup. I've been wanting to play a good, recent driving game for a while now. I look forward to playing more.

I also played a bunch of demos on the Xbox 360. I liked Iron Man pretty well. The controls took some getting used to though. Fatal Inertia was too hard to play. Burnout Paradise was pretty good. Armored Core 4 was great if you like arcade style mech games. (I prefer less arcade-ish mech games like the Mech Warrrior series). Undertow was a great little underwater platformer with lots of good graphics and gameplay. I didn't care for Jetpac Refueled. Clever name though. Novadrome was OK, not quite my genre though. One game I played that wasn't a demo was Mirror's Edge. So far I've made it past the prologue and first few scenes. Looks like an interesting game. Apparently, I'm not very good at it.

We went to Friday's for Thanksgiving Dinner. Overall the weekend was nice and relaxing for a change. No work, no trips, no shopping, and no chores (including blog updates). In other news, here's a new webcomic about games I just found out about.

This entry was posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 at Sunday, December 07, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment