Family Time  

Posted by Roland

This past week I've been working normal hours and thus coming home at a decent time. There's still a lot of work to do, but I'm not in crunch right now. All my stuff is due soon, but I should be able to finish on time without working anymore OT, hopefully. We'll see how much progress I can make this week. I got a company laptop a few weeks ago and I can VPN in and do everything that I need to do. I hooked the laptop up to the 50" Plasma HD, and it works out fairly well, only a few kinks. Hooked up to the laptop is a cordless Logitech KB and mouse.
Violet decided it would be cool to play WoW on it, so I installed it on the laptop last night and did all the patching and stuff. For some reason I had to click OK after every patch and agree to the EULA 4 times. Lame. Anyway, Violet really liked playing WoW on the big screen, even if she didn't have her preferred input device(ergonomic MS KB + rollerball mouse)

I think I mentioned previously that my XBOX 360 finally reared its ugly Red Rings of Death LEDs. A few days ago I got it back. They also included a Gold subscription card. I've plugged it in but otherwise I haven't touched it.
I haven't had time to play games or do any housework these past few weeks. I work, come home, babysit. That's about it. Drake is doing good and can walk 5 or 6 steps at a time. Usually I will fence the dogs off from the front-room + hallway and let Drake wander around. He seems pretty happy with the freedom. It also gives me a chance to watch TV or tinker around on the PC.
I've pretty much been ignoring my diet this past week. I haven't been counting points, but I have tried, in some cases, to not go too overboard. I plan to get back on the diet this week.
I barely found time last week to mow the backyard (some of the grass was 2' high). I've ignored the front yard lawn for about 2 months now. Thankfully the grass seems to have leveled off around 5" or 6" and hasn't really grown beyond that in most places.
I watched my first HD tv show the other night... Burn Notice. I really like this show. It seemed somewhat grainy though in HD, and I wasn't overly impressed. I wonder sometimes if I should have spent more money on a 1080p HD set instead of the lower rez 720p. Meh. I made the choice that I made... cest le vie.
My folks are coming into town next week. That'll be cool. Grandma hasn't seen Drake for quite a while, and Grandpa Joe has never met him. They're also apparently bringing my nephew Spencer, whom I haven't seen since he was like, 2.
Well, that was a lot more text than I thought I had to type. Ta.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 at Sunday, August 17, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment