Spring cleaning in July  

Posted by Roland

Last weekend I decided I needed to organize all the loose gaming papers I've accumulated over the last 20+ years. Dozens of folders, piles of unsorted papers, character sheets, and a few boxes filled to the brim (Gaming, School, Work, etc) have been littering our front room for months. Violet offered to help me, being the Virgo type she is. She also loves going to Staples. She didn't really want to work anyway, heh. (Organizing isn't work, sitting at a computer for 8 hours a day doing data entry is) I think her prime motivation was trying to find her old Star Wars character. Anyway, I grabbed an empty 2-drawer metal filing cabinet from the garage and used the top drawer for gaming files and the bottom drawer for everything else (old school stuff mostly, but also some work related files).

After several hours we got most of the loose stuff organized within hanging folders by game genre (Car Wars, DnD 2.0, DnD 3.x, Changeling, GURPS, Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars, just to name a few) and then smaller manilla envelopes within them were sub-sorted, usually by player name (if there were a lot of files) or by GM (if they were NPCs or if a PC didn't warrant their own sub-folder).

It was a worthy effort and I FINALLY found the Super Hero HQ I made. It's a large foldout hex map of the HQ done in colored pencils.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at Sunday, August 05, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment